firstname.lastname@example.orgAre you passionate about great storytelling, about exploring the issues that matter, about pushing the boundaries in new audiovisual experiences? So are we. As Canada’s public producer and distributor, the National Film Board has been telling the country’s stories and pioneering breakthroughs in virtually every field of audiovisual content since 1939. But to do this, we need a team that truly reflects the richness and diversity of Canada. If you’d like to be a part of this team—and part of the NFB’s incredible legacy—we’d love to hear from you.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Works within the team of Enterprise Architecture and Systems Evolution to ensure the development and the implementation of internal web-based and REST applications, services and systems. Responsible for the programming of projects assigned to them and proposes, in consultation with key personnel of NFB technical departments, specific and innovative development solutions. Develops mainly within Grails and Python flask frameworks in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environment.
- Ensures the development and the implementation of software development projects in their technical aspect based on the needs of NFB clients and in consultation with other members of the development team;
- Participates in the analysis of project feasibility and the technological solutions offer that are recognized in the industry;
- Contributes to the team management practices using Agile software development methodologies and tools;
- Participates in peer code review, based on programming standards, to ensure the quality of applications under development.
- Participate in the development of new tools, applications, services and interfaces including inter-systems links, synchronization scripts and managing workflows.
- Ensure a technological watch and proposes specific and innovative solutions to optimize service project development approaches, including automating services links between systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, application development or equivalent;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in programming web applications or services; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Very good knowledge and practical experience with web services architecture;
- Very good knowledge of the tools and applications used in the design, development and implementation of web services and corporate applications;
- Practical knowledge of python MVC or REST frameworks for building web sites and services;
- Knowledge of common CSS libraries such as Bootstrap;
- Able to develop using modern IDE tools such as Intellij;
- Proficiency with usingSource Code Management tools such as Git;
- Knowledge of Continuous deployment/Continuous integration tools such as Gitlab-CI or Jenkins;
- Ability to work in a Linux environment using command-line tools such as bash;
- Experience with standard relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL;
- Demonstrated experience in using AGILE methodologies;
- Fluency in in both official languages (French and English) both orally and in writing.
- Suitable personal qualities such as open-mindedness, creativity, a sense of innovation and organization, good judgment and attention to detail;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Highly motivated in their area of expertise and in maintaining up-to-date their knowledge of new technologies.
Under the Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless accommodated due to certified medical contraindications, religion or other prohibited grounds under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications are invited to apply in writing, including a copy of their résumé to email@example.com, BY MAY 1ST, 2022, citing competition number: SN-00021458.
The NFB is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that’s reflective of Canadian society. It promotes initiatives such as employment equity and encourages candidates to voluntarily indicate in their cover letter if they are a woman, a member of a First Nations group, Inuk, Métis, a person with a disability, or a member of a visible-minority group.
The NFB is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Feel free to advise us of any accommodation needs.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.